Battery life on Mid-2014 Retina MBP 15" 2.5 Ghz - data needed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SimeyTK, Aug 20, 2014.

1. SimeyTK macrumors newbie

I'm trying to find some real world data on the battery life of the mid-2014 rMBP 15" 2.5 GHz. Can anyone share their experiences / battery life results?

A review in MacWorld suggested only 6 hours 48 mins for the 2014 2.5 GHz rMBP 15" -which was much less than I expected as the 2013 2.3 GHz scored 7hrs 32mins on the same test.

I was about to purchase the 2.5 Ghz 16GB/1TB SSD model earlier today but due to concerns about battery life I'm leaning backwards to the 2013 2.3 Ghz 16GB/1 TB. Can anyone share there experiences with the updated 2.5 Ghz model?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are many factors that impact your battery life, including workload, screen brightness, settings, etc. As such, battery life between users varies widely, and the battery life that others experience may or may not be similar to what you could expect. You won't see a significant difference in battery life between a 2.3GHz and a 2.5GHz processor, as the difference is negligible. Even the results from "tests" are suspect, as there is no guarantee the conditions between tests is identical.

See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. pragmatous macrumors 65816

So i'm at 36% battery life with 2 hours and 57 minutes left. Screen brightness is at 3 and keyboard brightness is at 3 also.