Battery life on new alu macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by netddos, Oct 21, 2008.

1. netddos macrumors regular

I'm only getting 4 hours barely with WIFI Blutooth on, brightness 1 bar, firefox, powerpoint, and itunes(idling) opened.

No way close to wireless productivity of 5 hrs.

Just to make sure...is this normal?

With coconut battery app,
    http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

I checked my battery capacity..which turned out to be 4261mAh..

Is this normal?

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

well thats still pretty good. my old MacBook Pro is rated at 5 hours and i only get 3 hours in the menu bar. still the menu bar time is not a real indication. ive heard users are getting 5 hours timed.

make sure you calibrate your battery but full discharging, leaving for a few hours then charge up to full and leave for a few hours with it still plugged in. you should then get between 4 and 5 hours.

3. Roba macrumors 6502

Yes that is a normal battery life with this laptop also the battery capacity of this notebook is 4200mAh. Reviews out there of this MB point to 3.30-4 hours battery life with wireless on.

Seeing 5 hours in the bar index does not actually mean that you will end up with that.
    If you check the MB owners thread you will see that some people are getting around the same battery life as you and they initially thought that their battery life was 5 hours as they judged it on the time shown in the bar and they didn't actually run their computer down.

With the last gen MB I could get 5 hours out of that notebook easily. In fact the first time that i run my battery down to calibrate it i was close to 6 hours battery life. I also didn't do anything special to the battery after that.

4. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

First off, turn off bluetooth, its useless and takes battery. And I dunno. Try seeing what else u can do in energy settings.