Battery Life on Retina Macbook Pros

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PSDman, Jun 25, 2012.

1. PSDman macrumors newbie

I have the 2.7GHz with 16 GBs of ram and the 512 GB of flash storage. My batter last between 3 and 4 hours, I have my screen at nearly full brightness, and I am doing light design work (i.e. photoshop, indesign).

Is this normal? What do you get?:confused:

2. KPOM macrumors G5

I think Apple's tests are run at medium brightness. AnandTech had some battery tests at his site and was getting about 5 hours with medium workloads.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are many factors that impact your battery life, screen brightness being a major one. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

4. PSDman thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess with the screen brightness and the photoshop work that what I should expect. Photoshop is so fast now it really only seem like light work, but I guess its sucking up the juice.
    :D

5. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Full brightness is a killer, Apples test are with brightness turned way down along with other features off (bluetooth) and working in minimalist fashion (not photoshop etc). Also another nifty trick using an mouse saves a chunk of battery life, I notice on both my MBP's that using one instead of the trackpad usually makes at least a 40+ minute difference.

If anything doing some p-shop work with brightness at full I'd say 4 hours is great lol