Battery Life on the new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rwskemer, Oct 28, 2008.

1. rwskemer macrumors regular

For all those who have the new MBP, how long does your battery seem to last? My battery doesn't seem to last too long, especially when I'm running a program. I know I can change the video setting from better to lower graphics (9600 to 9400) but the battery life still seems poor. Any thoughts?

2. rwskemer thread starter macrumors regular

Basically, I keep reading that the 9400 yields 5 hours of battery life and the 9600 gives 4 hours. I'm lucky if I'm getting 3 hours with the 9400 only. Do I have to have my screen turned all the way down and bluetooth and wireless turned off to achieve this?

3. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hi,
    I got my MBP yesterday and I did my calibration. After the 1st full charge, it held a bit more that 3h but I was doing a lot of stuff in the same time (Fusion, download, installing Photoshop ...)

I hope that I can get more out of it if I do only lighter things.

Tex

4. rwskemer thread starter macrumors regular

Were you using the 9400 or 9600 graphics card?

5. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

I think it was the 9400. I had a look somewhere in the preferences and I saw "better battery life" checked (or something similar).

6. rwskemer thread starter macrumors regular

I turned my screen down some and am using the 9400 graphics card. At 83% charge I have 3 hours and 28 minutes remaining. I'm running Word in a few other programs. When I had the 9600 graphics card running EVE, my battery died in close to 30 minutes! I guess if gaming, plug in your power adapter!