Battery Life on the Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ggonzaga07, Aug 25, 2013.

1. ggonzaga07 macrumors newbie

So I have my 15" classic MBP and now I am needing to bring a laptop to school. I have been taking this to school, and I find it a little heavy. The battery does surprisingly good, I unplugged it at 7 AM and had it go onto 5% only at 10PM. But I will be getting a new computer. I have considered a Windows, but when I keep thinking on the need of touch screens for W8 and anti-virus/firewall crap, it makes me walk away. So I need a Mac that lasts 7/8 hours at least, and all Macs can deliver this, being what Apple says. I think the classic 13" MBP is a great choice, but with an SSD and 8GB of RAM. I like the 13" rMBP a lot, but I am worried that the Retina Display will drain the battery. I don't understand how a Retina Display MacBook Pro has the same battery life as a classic one. Anyone who has a 13" Retina MacBook Pro can tell me if the battery lasts that much, with Bluetooth off, surfing the web and taking notes at 50% brightness? Can someone with an Ivy Bridge 13" MacBook Pro tell me how does the battery do in the same way? I know that I won't be using my MacBook Pro for all classes, but still, I want something that lasts what it says.

I will be buying it in November, because I will be in the USA in that time (I live in a place that taxes are to the top and a MacBook Air (11") base begins at 2.5k USD). In November, the Keynote will already have happened and I hope they update the processors to the Haswell ones. I want to know how these computers stack up on battery life, so I can estimate how the 4th gen Intel i-Series will do in them. I will always have the Air as a backup plan. Doesn't look as manly or as badass like the Pro, but still acceptable. It's not pink, right?

Well thank you all for helping me here, have a nice day!

2. TheIguana macrumors 6502a

TheIguana

If battery life is your key need you should really consider the 13" MBA, the battery life on those is phenomenal and if all your using it for is writing reports and doing research for classes it should do the trick.