Battery life problems: Remove estimate

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by therealseebs, Dec 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therealseebs macrumors 65816

therealseebs

https://9to5mac.com/2016/12/13/why-...remaining-battery-life-estimates-macbook-pro/

Problem: Users don't like how long machines stay running.

Solution: Take away the estimate of remaining time from the display.

... Seriously, the problem has never been "the estimate on the menu bar is wrong", it's been "the actual time I get doesn't match the claims in the advertising literature". This is not the Apple I used to buy from.

2. fs454 macrumors 68000

I emailed Phil Schiller and also submitted a Feedback message last night after my MBP lasted barely over 3 hours with nothing but Safari and Mail open on a cross-country flight Boston -> San Francisco, at 4 notches from the bottom of brightness. I laid it all out, and this morning Craig Federighi emailed back asking for a diagnostic report from Activity Monitor - I sent a 334MB file over that was created from that. I'd like to keep it private until it comes to a close - but I'm glad I never looked at or mentioned the time estimation in my email, as I was going off of flight time to keep track of how long the battery was lasting over the span of the 6.5 hour flight.

I think they're all over this issue. I'm sure they're aware that many people will return it during the holiday return policy if they don't speak out on this issue before the 8th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.