Battery life question for 11" MBA owners before I buy

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Hirakata, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Hirakata macrumors 6502

Hirakata

I'll be purchasing a MBA within the next week or so, and I'm 90% leaning toward the 11". What's causing me to second guess though is the 5hr battery life vs the 7hr for the 13". The specs for the 11" meet all my needs and to be honest, I'm not saying that the 5hr battery won't be good enough. I'm just wondering if there are any new 11" owners out there that wish they had the 7hr battery life, or does the 5hr suffice for most of you?

2. rbrian macrumors 6502a

rbrian

It all depends on your needs. If you have an outlet available wherever you go, then ten minutes is sufficient!

5 hours isn't enough for a full days work, but it is close, especially if you can charge it at lunchtime. I wish I had 7 hours, or 10, or 537, but I'm willing to give that up for the smaller size.

Another way to look at it is to compare 5 hours with 3 hours, which I got on my last Windows laptop. Suddenly it seems like incredible battery life!

3. robvas macrumors 68020

I usually got closer to 4 with mine. The 2012's should be better, maybe beyond 5.

But, if I'm going to be somewhere for 5 hours, I can usually find an outlet for a little while.