iPad mini battery life question?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bonjourx, May 26, 2016.

1. bonjourx, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016

bonjourx macrumors member

bonjourx

hi, i purchased an ipad mini 3 last month, i just wanna ask your opinion if you guys think my battery drains fast based on my usage? i always have to charge it everyday and I just wanna make sure if its draining normal or does it have a poor battery life? here's the screen shot. thank you
    --- Post Merged, May 26, 2016 ---
    image.jpeg

2. iSheep5S, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016

iSheep5S macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

Unless your game eats up battery fast thats less than what i'd expect from a phone...

Ex iPad mini 2 owner which is basically the same thing.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

If you spend most the day on your device, you will need to charge it everyday.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

It seems to be lasting a bit less than average, but within normal parameters. I suspect your game drains a lot of battery.

5. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

It's low, but it's definitely possible as most of your time is gaming. If your screen brightness is at 75% or more as well I can definitely see it.

6. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

#1. Unistall Village Life thats ridiculous
    #2. Take it in for a free Battery or Complete Diagnostic at the Apple store
    #3. Ipads should be lasting 10% every Hour give or take hence the amazing 10 Hour battery life.

I persoally find if I fall asleep with Netflix on it will drain the battery even in the background.

7. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

There is no reason to take the device for a diagnostic. Gaming drains the battery faster than Apple's 10 hour benchmarks, and if the screen is above 50% that will do it as well. He still has 18% in that picture which means he'd get 7.5-8 hours total use even under those conditions. Pretty good all in all.

8. Techexp2 macrumors member

Hi,

I depends on the usage and you can also follow the below steps to enhance battery life

* Use the latest version software (OS)

* enable low power mode

* close the background apps

* dim the screen or turn to auto brightness

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think low power mode is only available on the iPhone.

10. bonjourx thread starter macrumors member

bonjourx

hi all, i turned off the background application refresh and the brightness is on low. i also downloaded the battery life checker on the apps store which shows how wear my battery is, it says it's only 1% wear and its (battery) in very good condition, and has 32 cycles. i'm not really sure how legit is it though hehe. should i be worried that it's only been a month and it has 1% wear? i downloaded the app on my iphone too and my phone is a little couple of days older than my ipad and it still has perfect battery again accdg to the app, and has no wear at all? i will try not to play the game today and see. i figure if it's draining fast i can bring it in to apple store and maybe have it replace? thank you so much for your opinions and sorry for too many questions!

11. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Every battery is different. 1% 'wear' may have been that way from the factory. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

12. bonjourx thread starter macrumors member

bonjourx

i will observe the battery today without playing the game and just do web browsing and maybe a little video streaming. how many hours should i be getting in a day from the ipad mini 3 (estimated) standby time and usage? thank you so much!!

13. Skika macrumors 68030

Correct

14. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

1% wear means nothing. Consider that there is always a margin of error.

Honestly, your battery life may not be super fantastic, but that could be due to any number of factors. It sounds like it's within the range of normal though, so it's unlikely that there's anything to "fix". You're probably worrying about it too much.