Battery Life rMBP (Flash/More questions)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smallguy, Nov 12, 2014.

1. smallguy macrumors regular

Hi, Is flash player on Chrome bad for the battery? I only use Chrome for it as I haven't installed it on Safari (and use built in plugin for Chrome)

Also is there a way of checking my battery life to see if its what it should be? It says Normal when i do the control and click on battery percentage. It also has 6 cycles.

Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Flash is notorious for consuming system resources. There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.
    If you're not already doing so, use iStat Pro (free) or iStat Menus ($16) to get accurate readings of battery health and cycles and computer uptime, among many other things. A forum member has posted a copy of iStat Pro that has been "tweaked" to enhance compatibility with Mountain Lion. You can download it here.

3. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

I have bought iStat menus to monitor more information about the battery and other goodies, cpu, etc.