Battery life Samsung chip

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pcubed18, Oct 16, 2015.

1. pcubed18 macrumors regular

I am curious if this is considered good battery life. I have an iPhone 6s and Samsung chip. I use my phone for text and calls and emails a ton so getting even 5-10% more battery is huge for me.

Is TMSC chip beating this? image.png

Thanks

2. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Why don't you try showing your battery life when you're at 25%? It might be more indicative of what kind of life you get.

FWIW, I'm at 90%, with 1:32 of usage this morning. But I don't use my phone much for phone calls. Seems strange saying that... :)

C

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I would say that's extremely good battery life for a 6S. No two people get the same battery life even with the same phones, same chips, and same carriers etc. It is impossible to compare two peoples' battery usage stats.

4. Terarchi macrumors member

Your battery is even much better than my i6S Plus :O

Enjoy your phone and stop bothering

5. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

Let me answer your with a question. If you hadn't read about the chip, would that battery life make you happy?

When I had my iPhone 6 I could go upwards of 16 hours on the network with fairly constant use. I was happy with that.

Right now with my 6s Plus I'm consistently getting over 20 hours on the network and about 25/26 on WiFi. And I have a Samsung chip. I'm very happy.

6. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Checked when I hit 75% this morning. Only a couple of short calls (< 10 minutes), mostly a game and FB background updates. 3 hours, 2 minutes. TSMC chip.

C

7. CE3, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015

CE3 macrumors 6502a

Looks good, but I agree that showing use toward the end of the cycle is better way to determine how good it really is. With the 6S I had (Samsung chip), I was getting a solid hour or more from 100-90, and then the battery would start to drop quicker after that. The best I got was 7 hours, but 5.5-6 hours was the average.

8. jlevy73 macrumors member

I don't think the issue is standby time, it's on-screen time. I haven't really let the whole chip whatever you want to call it issue bother me. That being said, my on-screen time has definitely taken a hit with the new 6S+ compared to my 6+. The only thing that really changed was the inclusion of Band 12, which as a TMO user, is extremely welcome. With the 6+ getting 10 hours on-screen time was never an issue, now I'm averaging about 8 hours. I'm on wifi 99% of the time so I doubt that differences in the new radio could be accounting for the difference. With iOS 9 Apple claimed an additional hour of battery life. So when I purchased the phone I expected at least the same battery life or a little better. To see a 10% reduction is a little disappointing. Not the end of the world just an observation.

9. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

Ah I understand you.
    Did you buy the device recently and is it still living in your hands because you can't put it down?

10. tallazzPilipino macrumors 6502

tallazzPilipino

is there a battery life thread here that also includes the TSMC?

11. Jakedonahuee macrumors regular

You decide. TSCM here.

Attached Files:

12. jlevy73 macrumors member

Ordered the device during the pre-order directly from Apple and received it September 25th

13. jlevy73 macrumors member

Do you have 6s or 6s+?

14. ostrykolesz macrumors member

I was worried about the battery life because of the Samsung chip also... With my 6S+ I haven't had to charge mid-day yet, so who cares. With my 6 I always had battery life battery anxiety attacks... If you are making it through the day with out a charge - don't worry about it.

15. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Samsung chip here also. My 6s plus lasts me all day plus more. No worries. I would be worried with a 6s though because I know battery wasn't that great with the 6 either.

16. tallazzPilipino macrumors 6502

tallazzPilipino

yeah, my friend complains about his battery times on his 6 a lot. his Standby times aren't near my Usage times. his is like a worse case scenario. I should see what my gf gets on her 6.

17. kruso2 macrumors regular

Battery life has improved a lot after a few charges. Samsung chip.

18. Jakedonahuee macrumors regular

6s+ Just got my Space Grey in the mail. It's Samsung. I ain't even mad.

19. bojandordevic macrumors newbie

bojandordevic

Battery life on Samsung chip - the first day of usage. With downloading apps

[​IMG]

20. Ortiz7983 macrumors 6502

I took it off the charger since yesterday morning.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445082196.481877.jpg

21. j2ee Suspended

j2ee

Iphine 6s battery is much better than plus

22. cynics macrumors G3

What phone and chip is that?

23. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

But it's been plugged in since your last charge.

24. tallazzPilipino macrumors 6502

tallazzPilipino

technically, it hasn't. but I have a qi wireless charging receiver I was testing it with on a new charging pad for a mere few seconds. I wish I hadn't done that since it registered it being plugged in. and as I mentioned in some other thread (can't remember which forum), that's when my battery wouldn't fully charge and was draining really fast. then my phone stopped giving me Usage and Standby readings even after several full cycles.