Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

worker73

macrumors regular
May 4, 2015
So you don't have to go into the iPhone settings and turn it off if you want to take a short hike later that day, right? It won't be tracking you all day long will it?

ad931

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2013
Athens, Greece
AW Series 0 Sport 42mm, i'm normally around 60% by bedtime (midnight, off the charger at 6am every day). For some inexplicable reason this varies by +- 10% daily, haven't really ascertained the cause of this

I've played with the settings a lot as it appears to make all the difference to battery life. have phone calls switched off, emails on (this appears to be the biggest battery hog in my experience), brightness on lowest, nothing in the dock, no complications, heart rate off, notifications on for all apps from iphone set to "mirror".

I find the battery life just fine, though after having worn automatic & waterproof Swiss watches for 40 years (i'm 50), & never taking them off my wrist for any reason, i still cant get used to taking it off every night to charge & to shower... i've got it very wet whilst washing my hands, apparently this is OK as Tim Cook has said that he showered with his Series 0.

Best battery life i've had to date from a full charge is 44hours when it hit 10% reserve power.

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2010
For some reason over the last week, my battery has been dying in the middle of the day. I have a Series 0. I haven't done anything new with the watch. Really bothering me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.