Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pik.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Bologna/Corfu/Paris
so...my iPad Air 1 wifi managed a very good average 14 hours of usage battery life...
sometimes also over with brightness @50% and 7.1.1

27zb3sz.png

16anltf.png

2is7gbm.png

the new iPad Air 2 seems to going back to iPad 4 battery life ,but I m not so convinced.
after all apple knows to do the optimisation of hardware and software

well, even if I do not have my iPad Air 2 yet ,lets write down our experience and opinions about the battery of the new apple baby!
with screenshots!;)

DELTAsnake

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
Australia
I'm seeing worse battery life than on my 3rd Gen. Over 40% battery used with just 3 hours of use and 7 hours of standby. It will be interesting to see if that continues or if it becomes better when used more normally.

pik.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Bologna/Corfu/Paris
I'm seeing worse battery life than on my 3rd Gen. Over 40% battery used with just 3 hours of use and 7 hours of standby. It will be interesting to see if that continues or if it becomes better when used more normally.

thanks for the input!

is it the wifi version?
can you post screenshot? :D
I think we will have the first concrete results in 3 days.

DELTAsnake

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
Australia
Its a Wifi version. I didn't think to take a screenshot before I charged it sorry. I'll keep an eye on battery usage over the weekend as I use it more normally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.