Battery Life. What to expect?

JMies419

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
For all of you macbook and macbook pro owners out there, what kind of actual battery life can one expect out of the machines? I know the apple website lists specs of what the machine SHOULD get, but what kind of battery life do these machines REALLY get? I am still going back and forth on which system I should buy and believe it or not, the battery life does make a big difference in my decision...I am on the road a lot and I dont always have a place to plug in my notebook! If you have actual average hours of use specs, that would be great! Thanks!!

macwhack

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2006
I'm hardly getting 2 hours on my brand new macbook. what can i do to increase it? havent calibrated it yet

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
macwhack said:
havent calibrated it yet
Well that is the first thing you should do to improve the battery life. So MOVE YOUR ASS!!! as Scooter put it ;)

Further measures to improve battery life
1. Dim the screen
2. Turn off all unused features; wifi, bluetooth, usb fridge and so on
3. Set power management to Better Energy Savings
4. Limit stress on CPU by quitting all unused apps.

-> OP: My MBP get 4 hours under best conditions
(no wifi, no bluetooth, dimmed screen - well not doing anything at all)

Star Destroyer

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2006
i have started just leaving my macbook plugged in, but i unplugged it just for this reply..

Currently running adium, and a couple tabs in firefox, with brighness at 5 squares, on better battery life, i get 3:35....its at ike 48 cycles and 93% of what it started out as...

I am happy with it, considering my gf's Acer barely gets an hour after being 1 year old.. :D