Battery life when video recording

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by swingerofbirch, Sep 28, 2010.

1. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I'm interested in an iPod touch, and although I realize it is not specifically made for long video recording, I am curious if anyone from having used it knows how long of video you can record before the battery dies if you were using it for only that purpose (no background apps, wifi turned off, etc)? Beyond the battery limitation, are there other time limits? Some digital cameras clip video recordings at 5, 10, 20 minutes, etc.

Thank you. :)

2. Outrun1986 macrumors 6502

There are backup batteries you can buy if you are concerned about recording for a long time.

I would be more concerned about eating up your storage space first, which will probably happen before the device shuts off from lack of battery. The touch only goes up to 64GB so the limitation would be how much video you could record on that, you get less actual capacity too (I think someone on here said its 59GB) assuming you don't have anything else on the iPod. If you have an iPod you will probably want to put stuff on it other than just using it solely for video recording.

Assuming you are not hauling around a laptop to dump the videos on inbetween shootings or have some other type of storage dump for the videos.