Battery Life with 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bernie-Mac, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Has anyone else notice increased performance of their battery? I have 22hours of standby and 8 hours and 21 minutes of usage and my battery is half full!! Awesome!

2. iomar macrumors 6502

I have not yet noticed it on my phone. I will keep a watch for it.
    I hope this is true!

3. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

my battery doesn't seem to last as long but that could be because I'm constantly using it for either email, web browsing, music or video :)

4. ncsmith4 macrumors 6502

same here...

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

My battery was about 50%...

after an early 7:00am start with the use of my Google Maps for about 1 1/2 hours, I made 2 forty-minute phone calls, made and received about 20 calls, sent at least 50 text messages with responses via email/text/phone call, constantly adding WebApps, searching AppleWebApps, searching for WiFi signals "all-day" while at Macworld, listen to my music and demonstrate "Star Wars Episode IV - "A New Hope" to several interested vendors and iPhone owners, checking emails on the half-hour, and looking for a particular restaurant in Japantown in San Francisco, and checking my "Location" with the new "Replace Pin" TOY on my iPhone... and more surfing on the web until about 10:00pm tonight. :cool:

6. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

So far I don't notice any increase/decrease in battery at all no matter what I've done.

7. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Yeh I've found that my battery life has definitely increased with the new update.

Mine hardly lasted any time at all when mine was on 1.1.2 but for some reason my mates lasted loads longer, but now it seems mine has gotten up to scratch :D

8. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Still the same for me as previous versions

No better, No worse

9. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

10. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I used mine heavily today and the battery took a very long time to show any reduction in the meter. I was rather surprised at that.

11. iSovereign macrumors newbie

im still on 1.1.1 and ive gotten a consistent 2-3 days standby with 10-15 hours usage.

i think it mainly has to do with your charging methods.

12. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

I have noticed an appapernt loss in battery life but not an actual loss. I run it down to almost dead and then it sits there for a bit. When I plug the dang thin g in it charges back to full in about half an hour and is ready for another usage.