Battery Life With Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by speedemonV12, Oct 31, 2007.

1. speedemonV12 macrumors 6502

Sup everyone,
    I picked up leopard the other day, and love it. Great operating system from Apple. I did a clean install, so everything is fresh. It seems like my battery life is sucking. I only get about an hour out of it, basically doing nothing, with the screen turned all the way down, and airport off. anyone know how to get better battery life out of this thing? I am on a 2006 Macbook Pro

Thanks!

2. jrennell macrumors newbie

jrennell

Battery life seems fine...

Hello there.
    I have one of the early Core Duo MBP models (says MacBookPro1,1 as the model identifier) and the battery life has actually improved slightly with comparative usage since I installed Leopard. In Tiger I was getting just slightly upwards of 2 hours out of the battery (would be 99% at the start of class and in the 10-15% range at the end of the two-hour block). This week I have been leaving class with over 20% every time with the same activities and power management settings. A drastic drop like you're seeing is not normal and might have something to do with an issue throttling back the processor(s) when on battery, an obscene amount of disk activity, or both. Try changing the power management settings around, restarting and changing them back to how you want them and see if that helps at all. (Also check that there are no threads running that are eating up a processor core while you're on battery power using the activity monitor, that would kill the battery life pretty fast as well. Intel Cores are still hungry creatures)