Battery Life with Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zirkle2007, Jan 29, 2008.

1. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

Hey guys. Just a quick poll! Well, not really a poll, but just I just want to see some averages. I use rechargeable batteries in my Mighty Mouse. It seems like I have to recharge it about once a week. Is this normal for anyone else? If anyone has tried, is it better to use normal or rechargeable? I just find it annoying...

2. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

I used the batteries that were included with my Mighty Mouse and have been using them since I got my Mighty Mouse, which was about a month ago. According to iStat Pro the batteries are still at 100% charge, but I do turn off my Mighty Mouse every night.

3. Eric1285 macrumors 6502

I use regular Alkaline AA batteries (too lazy for rechargeable batteries...besides, I get 48 AA batteries for like $10 at Costco). They usually last about a month. I never turn my mighty mouse off, and use it for probably 6 hours a day or so.

4. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

a week is not long at all, i use rechargables and they run for over a month, but i suppose it depends on what mAH they are, mine are 2000. They cost me £4 (about $8) for 4 batteries & charger, thought it was ok deal and the life is long, the mouse gets about 10 hours use some days, maybe you got faulty batteries :confused:

5. zirkle2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

I was thinking of picking up some new ones, just wanted to see what everyone else's experiences were. I'm thinking they probably are bad. Maybe I can contact the manufacturer. Wish mine lasted a month! :mad:

6. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Also guys. Remember. Rechargeable AA's are 1.4volt where as one time use AA's are 1.5. You wont get the same life out of Rechargeable as you will normal batteries.

7. Bakkalohriat Guest

Bakkalohriat

Standard AAs with about 2 hours average daily use lasted me for like four months, or something silly like that.

8. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I saw this thread come up in forum spy while I was changing the batteries of my mighty mouse for the first time. I bought it at the beginning of October, so the two batteries I put in lasted 4 months.

9. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Yeah those Energizer Lithiums they include with the mouse are insane. Too bad they're so pricey.

10. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

hehe...i don't know why, but that made me giggle.

just got my bluetoof mighty mouse today. me likes.

11. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

I use 2700maH rechargeables in my MM and they seem to last me a month or so between charges.