Battery life with use of Sirius?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AlanS, Sep 19, 2011.

1. AlanS macrumors newbie

I have had my iPhone4 since March. I am new to this type of unit. I have downloaded Sirius to my phone and would like to use it in the car. The easiest way to use it is to just plug the Aux jack into the headphone jack and voila, music through my radio. It would take an extra step to plug in the charger. Question: If I choose to NOT plug in the charger (because its about a 45 minute ride to work)...will I damage the battery with all the discharge and charging? I am just lazy and don't want to feel that I have to plug in the charger each ride in the car.

2. Eluded macrumors newbie

Eluded

Well considering this information, you can make the call.

A properly maintained iPhone battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 400 full charge and discharge cycles. You may choose to replace your battery when it no longer holds sufficient charge to meet your needs.

3. AlanS thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it best to 'top-off' the battery all the time, or let it run down to 20%-ish? I have heard conflicting reports.

4. Eluded macrumors newbie

Eluded

From what I have seen it's better to let it run down to 20%-ish and then charge. Just because you use less of the charge cycles available for the battery. Because if you think about it this way, if you are a heavy user and charging the phone 4+ times a day, the sooner you will need to replace your battery.