Battery life worse in SL

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Eric8199, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

I'm running a 2008 Unibody MacBook Pro and since I've installed snowleopard, it seems my battery life is much worse. Just browsing the web on wifi using Safari, I'm losing a percentage point in my battery about every minute and a half, maybe two minutes. Seems to be going down a lot faster than normal. According to iStat my battery health is still 100 percent. Claims I've got two hours of battery left at 80 percent charge...maybe I'm just imagining things...?

2. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Mines improved quite a bit thankfully on my old school mbp. I'd wait til the .1 update which may help you out a bit.

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I noticed that mine wasn't doing that well when running off the battery today. Hopefully just a bug.

4. macnfab macrumors regular

macnfab

I have had the same problem.. (my only SL issue really) I dimmed my screen until they release 10.6.1 it helps quite a bit.

5. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

have you guys with problems tried re-calibrating your battery's by running it down to 0-5% and then charging it all the way up to 100% again without letting it off the charger. This might help, i dont have SL yet, but im hoping for money soon then im off to the shops. Most battery issues like this can be related to re-calibrating the battery itself :)

my 2cents

PTP

6. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

I'm guessing the extra battery drain has to do with the increased heat/fan speeds people are experiencing since upgrading to SL. I can certainly see (and hear) a difference.

I won't be on battery until Tuesday when I'm on the road. We'll see how it does this week.

7. ELab2 macrumors newbie

Mine initially was lower after install (along with my machine getting much hotter) but that went away after a day or so and I'm running cooler with more battery life than I had with Leopard

8. Trexznl macrumors member

I also noticed that my overall battery life had decreased. However, it seems that my battery does last longer when I'm doing processor intensive stuff, compared to Leopard.

9. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Try doing an SMC reset. i've done one (because of another issue) and haven't had a problem with my battery life on SL.