Battery life?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by marcopolo007uk, Oct 21, 2010.

1. marcopolo007uk macrumors member

Im a little confused, is the Air Battery life that good? I've taken the following claims from the Apple website.

MacBook Air - Get up to 5 hours of battery life on a single charge on the 11-inch model and up to 7 hours on the 13-inch model.

13" MacBook Pro - The new energy-efficient architecture in the 13-inch MacBook Pro gives you up to 10 hours of battery life on a single charge.

I understand that Steve Jobs advised that they were using a better way to measure battery life for the Air that reflect real world usage better (WiFi Browsing I think?) so how does this compare to the MBP range? I guess the MBP battery claims were made using another older method, so any thoughts on how the Air's battery life compares to other PC's and Mac's?

2. drjsway macrumors 6502a

If you believe Steve, he claims the new 13" has double the battery life of the old model. So the 5 hours on the old test is really 3.5 hours on the new test. That means the 13" MBP should rate at 7 hours on the new test. In other words, the new 13" MBA should have the same battery life as the 13" MBP.