Battery Life?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TechDudeGeorge, May 24, 2011.

1. TechDudeGeorge, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013

What is a normal battery Life for the iPod Touch 4th generation? Mine seems to drop very quickly.

Watching short YouTube clips or even a quick game seem to drop the metre dramatically.

Apple insists there is nothing wrong with the battery, so would you say it's normal to drop quickly?

2. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

in your settings menu, is auto-brightness set to off? if it's on that's a major battery sucker

3. TechDudeGeorge thread starter Guest

Yep, this a list of what I've tried but no help :/

* Update to 4.3.3 (It was the same before and on 4.2.1
    * Brightness on lowest setting and Auto-Brightness Off
    * Ping off
    * Nofications and Location Services off
    * FaceTime off

4. TechDudeGeorge thread starter Guest

Anyone? I need some tips as my battery life sucks, it dropped 20% from 5 minutes of Tweetdeck :mad:

5. MicroByte macrumors 6502

Sorry, wish could help. Sounds like you've dine everything right. Do you also clear your multitasking tray our as well? You also aren't the only one. I've noticed ever since around 4.2 - 4.3 that my battery life has been horrible as well. 20 minutes of Angry Birds and I'm down to around 75%!

6. ender land macrumors 6502a

I haven't upgraded recently at all (still at 4.2 I think) but get a lot of battery life - easily several days.

Although, I use mine almost exclusively as a music device and so I have airplane mode on most of the time.

7. TechDudeGeorge thread starter Guest

I mean, I watched two 22 minute YouTube videos, started with a full all-night charge. It's on lowest brightness and went to 88%. That's freaking appaling, if I had it at a brightness I could actually see it'd go well below that. Apple say it's freaking fine when it's horrid!

8. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

That sounds pretty normal. Apple rates it for 7 hours of video, and since youtube streams video, it uses a little bit more power, so 44 minutes and 12% sounds about right.

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Agreed. Being rated for 7 hours of video playback of stored video, and the OP is getting about 6 hours of Youtube Video, that seems to be a pretty strong battery IMO.

OP: Apple rates all of their iPhone/iPod Touch batteries at a minimum of 5 hours of usage. Anything above that, Apple considers normal/good battery life usage. So it seems that you are getting that 5 hour minimum of usage, therefore your battery is good.