Battery Life

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by GMcGarity, Sep 1, 2011.

1. GMcGarity macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been posted before but I just got the 13" Macbook Air and my battery life calculation is always at around 3-4 hours after being fully charged then other times its at 6 and half hours. I have an iMac and this is my first foray into Apples laptops since the PPC powerbooks. How can I minimize battery drainage the best? I have bluetooth turned off Im surprised it was turned on automatically.

Also here are some spy mouse codes from Starbucks! Thanks again in advanced!

YAFF9F7JMFJE

ANX7YKRAY4EH

PYJERJXPEJEH

EY3NA39FWTYH

Also if you use a code say that you used it so people don't try and enter every code.

2. jmcgeejr macrumors 6502

jmcgeejr

Thanks for the code, I use the EY3 one, I have a new MBA on it's way I will report back to you once I get it to see what mine shows. What about lowering the brightness?

3. andrewlgm macrumors 6502

andrewlgm

it's all about brightness with every macbook. I still use an 09 white macbook. and when half way dimmed, I get from 6 to 8 hours. when at 80% brightness, it only lasts about 3.5 hours.

4. erasr macrumors 6502

Yep this sounds exactly like my brand new one.

When I opened it at one point today it said 19 hours....but then it quickly changes. It depends on brightness and what you're actually doing on the laptop.

5. mickier macrumors newbie

Google Chrome/Flash player

One thing that heavily SUCKS the battery (In addition to screen brightness) is flash player. Many posters complain that flash takes up to 2 hrs off the battery life...

Since having NO flash support at all is not a satisfactory option, there are really only two solutions -

First, you can install a flash disabler plugin - which asks you before allowing flash player to run.

or

(my strong recommendation) remove flash from your computer and install Google Chrome - it includes its own flash player - but unlike the flash disabler plugins, it always TRIES to run alternate content instead of flash - then ONLY when there is no other option, it automatically plays flash content

This may help you realize 1 - 2 more hours out of your battery...

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

7. mickier macrumors newbie

but click2flash doesn't try to display alternate content - if a website offers flash PLUS alternate content, click2flash doesn't let you see the alternate content... This makes it less efficient on battery than chrome...