Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ewo1992

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Southern, CA
I know that having notifications does lower batter life even if you are not recieving any notifications. Is there a way to make it so the iPad does not have to be constantly conected to the internet by disableing notifications. Is this the same with find my iPhone enabled. I also heard turning of spotlight search or leting it just search one thing improves life too, is this true. What are some tips on improving battery life per charge? or is it good enough life to just leave this things on?

gquiring

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2007
SC
Do you own an iPad? They last a long day without needing a charge. If you find you can't make it last then start tuning things like Bluetooth, notifications .....

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
The battery on my iPad three last all day. I just downloaded some apps, watching Netflix and surfed a bunch of blogs and forums for the last hour and I'm only down to 93%. This is with Wi-Fi on, Bluetooth on, and using a Bluetooth keyboard.

88 King

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2011
London, UK
The new iPad actually have similar capacity battery to some laptops. The main battery drain come from the LED backlighting powering the high-resolution screen. If you want to save battery just turn down the screen brightness, turn off Notification or icloud well not affect battery life much if at all.

The new iPad lasts around 10hrs, are you regularly spending that much time with the iPad in one go? May want to buy an external battery if that is the case.

ewo1992

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Southern, CA
The battery on my iPad three last all day. I just downloaded some apps, watching Netflix and surfed a bunch of blogs and forums for the last hour and I'm only down to 93%. This is with Wi-Fi on, Bluetooth on, and using a Bluetooth keyboard.

Just searching the web for a few hours with Bluetooth and 4G off I'm less than that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.