Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
6hrs 13 minutes of usage

20hrs 28 minutes standby

20% battery left.

Watched several videos, listened to iTunes for half the day, and did moderate amount of surfing, with several apps open. All on home wifi with weak cellular data on.

Will start a new charge shortly.

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
6hrs 13 minutes of usage

20hrs 28 minutes standby

20% battery left.

Watched several videos, listened to iTunes for half the day, and did moderate amount of surfing, with several apps open. All on home wifi with weak cellular data on.

Will start a new charge shortly.

Lets hope its stays that way :)

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
Actually Im noticing since I clean installed iOS 6 then clean installed iOS 7 that my battery in standby is wayyyy better, as for usage its not as good as my standby but its a definite improvement!!! Ill know better once I charge my phone again to get my stats.

Im at 40% battery and I charged it 18 hours ago! With light-moderate usage. Phone call lasting 48 minutes, music play for 40 minutes and light "usage" social apps, messing around with contact photos, and light texting!

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
Well I forgot to leave this here. I wrote on my blog what I did and notice from my research with battery drain on iOS 7. Read it here: http://bit.ly/ZYRbr1 Hopefully it helps someone out.

Also I went back to 6 cause not being able to see my data usage in the Verizon app was annoying me.:eek: What a difference this made, it's so much faster. You really don't notice it until you have iOS 6 install for more than 2 days. Forgot how smooth it was and how it followed my finger swiping on my homescreen. :D

Anyway I'll upgrade again around beta 2 or 3 depending on results. Hope the tips on the blog help you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.