Battery life

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jedblanks, Jan 1, 2014.

1. jedblanks macrumors newbie

Was having trouble with my battery being 37% by the end of the workday, when it used to be 65%.

I noticed that I only had about 1GB of free space (98% full). Freed up 5GB to get to 90% --> Battery life back to normal.

Just an observation for those having issues.

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

3. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

Interesting. Can anyone offer an explanation?

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

my guess is in the process of trying to free up disk space the OP uninstalled a rogue app that was eating away at his battery.

5. jedblanks thread starter macrumors newbie

There was no "process of trying" to free space. I simply freed up space by syncing less music.

The process consisted of
    1) shrinking playlist
    and
    2) syncing.

And no, it wasn't the "sync" because I went through the sync process before and after this.

Do mp3s eat data smart guy?

Sorry, but in the process of trying to relay useful information, I have no patience with those who would ridicule me for it.

Is there a process for your condescending assumptions or are they randomly pulled out of your...

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm sorry but what gave you the impression that I'm ridiculing you? You didn't even provide details as to how you freed up space. I guessed you removed an app that was eating battery.

Since you have now made it apparent that you removed music we are back to scratching our heads as to how freeing up space would improve battery.

7. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Geez dude need to chill. No need to be snarky about it. Armens comment is the only one that makes any since. Not sure how you took his comment so wrong. Sorry but used space does not drain battery. So perhaps you have a better explanation as to how that made any difference? Sure everyone would love to know.

8. cynics macrumors G3

Not seeing the ridicule there. I think he was just offering an possible explanation.