battery Life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by roboGc, May 23, 2014.

1. roboGc macrumors regular

roboGc

i used my laptop a lot , music , safari , downloading music and stuff , yeah my battery like is 6-7 hours but is it better to just leave the laptop plugged in for daily use, or fully charge it then use it till 0% and just repeat ????

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Just use it as you normally do.

Personally, I find that the best way is to run it up to full, disconnect it when I need to leave my home, and use it all the way until 5% before plugging it in.

3. roboGc thread starter macrumors regular

roboGc

ok thanks dude , it was different with my dv6 i could just take out the battery and run straight on power and it was ok

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

5. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Lithium ion batteries - like the ones used - prefer small discharged/recharges over big ones. Don't use it until it is almost empty on a regular basis. Recharge as soon as you can. They prefer being run only a quarter down over 9/10ths.

Four times 25% still only counts as one cycle.

6. thundersteele macrumors 68030

There is only one scenario where you have to pay special attention to the battery, and that is when you leave it plugged in for weeks or months in a row - then it is useful to unplug it once in a while and let it run from the battery.

Otherwise just use it as you need. My 2011 15'' MBP is now at 96% battery health with 400-500 cycles, and I never did anything special for the battery.

7. roboGc thread starter macrumors regular

roboGc

Thanks for the help guys :D