Battery life

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by RiddlaBronc, Apr 12, 2015.

1. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

What do you guys think about battery life? Apple claims 18 hours of mixed use. I usually work out for about 2 hours a day in the morning. My day goes something like this

Wake up at 4 am monday through friday
    Work out 90-120 mins
    Work and school till around 5 or 6 30 pm
    I am just wary that ill drain the battery fast while using the nike+ up. On the phone it is required for you to keep the screen on while using it. I believe this will be the case for the watch as well.

I am also hoping for spotify to come to the watch.

Do you guys think you will get by through your day? I think i migg get by after the novelty wears off.

Time for some power charging bands to come to the market

2. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

I think you should be more concerned with long term battery life. Considering Apple's laptops have reached a 1000 charge cycle longevity and the watch has not yet been advertised regarding the charge cycle we can expect 1000 or less.

At charging every single day that is 365 charges a year with complete battery failure estimated at less than 3 years. Battery life will probably drop to 75% by the end of the first year to year and a half meaning 12 hours of mixed use.

3. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I think heavy users or people who take it to the gym will struggle with battery . i train twice a day sometimes, so it will not last. Too hard to make a call right now, as it varies person to person and people will just assume. Read some reviews, I think some covered workouts

4. CharlieCat666 macrumors regular

CharlieCat666

I highly, highly doubt that will be the case as well given the Watch's purpose and battery concerns.