Battery Life?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SparkFlash, Nov 20, 2015.

1. SparkFlash macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

What is your real world battery life on MBR? I am worried as I bought mine brand new and it was dead out of the box. (First mac product like this)

After all night charging and some minimal use for 15 minutes moving files Im at 86% and it shows 4 hours remaining. Shouldn't it be way more?

2. SparkFlash thread starter macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

Now it says 7 hours remaining. It must just give you that based on what you are doing right then.

3. Costino1 macrumors 6502

Costino1

I use mine at work (9 hours typically) and leave work with 30%. This isn't nonstop use of course, but I'd guess 5-6 hours of using it.

Not really taxing it, just using normal programs and web browsing.

4. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

My MacBook is normally at 50% after about 2-3 hours of use and I don't understand it

5. whodatrr macrumors 6502a

whodatrr

I don't sweat the early estimates too much. Mine seems to stay at 99% for the first 30mins, and then dive quickly to 90 and below. The estimates are silly, flipping between 3 and 7 hours. I don't get it, so I don't sweat it.

But I easily get 5-6 hours with some juice left in reserve. I don't often push it beyond that, as it's so easy to find a USB port or outlet.

6. tjleonard macrumors 6502

It depends on what you're doing and what's running in the background. Right now, just safari at 97% charge, mine is saying 8 hours, 41 mins left.

When I'm moving files downloading more, and have other apps open in the background, I have seen as few as 4 hours or so at around 95% battery left.

Personally, I doubt sweat it as it just depends on what you're doing at the time.