Battery life

Discussion in 'iPad' started by oleman57, Mar 2, 2017.

1. oleman57 macrumors newbie

Im wanting to video parents anniversary party, i just got an ipad from At&t. How long should my battery last on continued video and how long until lock screen comes on, i want to enjoy it with them. Ill turn off the wifi because it wont be needed. I will be using rear facing camera and its a 16gb memory.Should i turn anything else off?? Sorry folks im new to apple products!!

2. Newtons Apple, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017

Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

How much memory do you have available or unused? Your battery will last if fully charged.

From doing a search on Google you should get in the neighborhood of 3 hours IF you have 12GB available out of your 16.

3. oleman57 thread starter macrumors newbie

After getting a chance to look at memory i have 23gb available memory of 32gb and im hoping for possibly 6hrs with all the family thats coming. Will it beep or just stop and shutdown, will lock screen come on while im recording and cause it to stop?

4. Coolpher macrumors regular

Coolpher

Do you know what iPad it is? What I would do is turn on airplane mode you can go into Setting> Display & Brightness> Change Auto Lock to Never then the screen will not go off

I am curious which iPad do you got I'm hoping it is iPad Pro 9.7 inch with the best cameras on an iPad

5. oleman57 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Jnesbitt82 macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

Since you're actively using the video recorder, the lock screen won't come on. I've done a 30minute video of a baby shower with mine and no issues.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Maybe you could have it plugged in while recording.