battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by grandM, Sep 20, 2017.

1. grandM macrumors 65816

grandM

So I used to have an android device and am about to buy an iPhone. I'm a bit troubled though about the battery life. Some of my friends owing an iPhone seem to be a lot out of juice. I'd like to know how long the battery life of a iPhone normally lasts (for example the iPhone 7). Is there a big difference with the plus version or is the bigger battery capacity entirely undone by the bigger screen? How will the iPhone 8 (and plus) do compared to their 7 counterparts?

2. mrvirginia macrumors regular

iPhone 7/7+ beats most Android phones when it comes to battery life. It's one of the main reasons I switched to an iPhone last year. Engadget did a battery test comparing the 7's and 8's...they found that the 8 was minutes shy of lasting as long as the 7. In regards to the plus sizes, the 8 Plus actually lasted slightly longer than the 7 Plus. If you want guaranteed amazing battery life, get the plus model. I hope this answers your questions.

3. ValhallaOutcast macrumors regular

ValhallaOutcast

I got a 7plus on Monday, charged it Monday night took it off the charger Tuesday 7am its now Wednesday 6pm and I still have 58% battery

love the battery life on this phone

4. fartnugget213 macrumors member

The difference in battery between the plus model and the 4.7" in my experience is quite staggering.

The 4.7" model is a great phone, but not if you are a power user (instagram, twitter, games etc). I found that with my 4.7" phone, I would use the phone as I normally do and end up heavily restricting my usage at around 4 PM due to battery life concerns. Great standby, but not enough juice for me.

With the 7+ I can blast whatever apps and videos and games and I find myself having enough battery to last the day, sometimes not even charging until the next morning.

If I used my 7+ like a normal user, I think it could last me 3 days without much effort.

5. Cayden macrumors 6502a

Cayden

Wish I could say the same as the above posters about the 7+ battery life. Maybe mine was a dud, but battery life is honestly not any better going from the 6S to the 7+ (might even have gone down!). I see myself as a normal user and I almost never get a full day out of the Plus. I'm usually around outlets so charging isn't really an issue, but I don't think the battery life is really as great as some make it out to be

6. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

The battery in the ip7 is very good.

We don't know know what the battery life will be in the ip8 because the battery is smaller.

Apple says it will be equivalent to the ip7, but I will have to see some tests/reviews before I believe it.

7. grandM thread starter macrumors 65816

grandM

Isn't the plus like the best version? How fast is your battery depleted?