battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by natwii60, Mar 14, 2008.

1. natwii60 macrumors newbie

I charge my iPhone quite often and I was wondering if 3 1/2 hours usage and 2 days standby normal. I used edge for about 1 1/2 hrs. iPod for 1 1/2 hrs. And other stuff like weather and maps for 1/2 hr. I have no email account so that is not the issue. Is this normal?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

No it is not. You should get between 5-7 hours of constant talk time. As long as the screen sleeps, you should have at least 24 hours of constant iPod use. However, surfing over EDGE can eat up battery, it is more efficient to use WiFi.

TEG

3. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

Yeah, that doesn't sound right. I would try a restore, and see if that helps.

4. natwii60 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea, i tried like almost 10 times and i get the same result. funny thing is that i had like 10% and quickly after i put it in the dock to charge it went striaght to a little before 50%. i already discussed it with an apple genius but i guess i didnt explain to well.

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Let it run down until it demands that you charge it, then let it fully charge. That should cycle the battery and you'll get a more accurate reading on your times.

TEG