battery life

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jamaica14, Sep 15, 2008.

1. jamaica14 macrumors member

Srry if there is already a thread relating to this but I just bought the second generation 16GB on Saturday and I want to know an estimated amount of time usage you guys get on your iPod while using
    Apps while listening to music or browsing the web while listening to music at the same time I guess I get maybe around three to five hours max is that any good I would like to know so I can know if I should return it and get a new one and I don't know exactly how long I get while just listening to
    Music alone

thanks

2. jamaica14 thread starter macrumors member

3. njguyfla macrumors member

I'd like to know if it's bad to keep recharging the battery. Some electronics recommend that you drain the whole battery after a charge to prolong it's life. That would be a little hard with the Itouch because every time you connect it to iTunes it is charging via the computer.

Is it better to not charge the ITouch very often, or does Apple say that it does not make a difference?

4. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Since it's new...I'd imagine that you're playing with it whilst listening to music. I find that on my 1st generation I get apx 4 hours if the screen is active. The 2nd generation is supposed to do around 6.

I have no idea how long it goes just on music alone however since I stop and start my iPod all the time and at some point during the week it finds it's way back into the dock and charges up again.

No...batteries these days have no 'memory' like old lithium/ion batteries and therefore it makes no real difference. It is good standard practice however to drain it every once in a while and fully charge it again....at least that's what I was told.