Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DrawnToLife, Sep 22, 2009.

1. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

So I got my iPod Touch yesterday, synced up and everything, but I just have one issue.
    The battery life.
    Should I be trusting the battery life apps, because after playing one round of Tap-Tap, it said the battery went down like 2-3%. Now I don't know if my battery has problems, or if that's normal, or if my iPod just needs some breaking in >.<.

Thanks,
    DrawnToLife

2. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Probably just the state of charge meter in your battery. When you get the time, you should calibrate it (charge fully, then fully discharge, then charge again). Mind you, don't completely kill the battery; it's not good for lithium ion batteries - to maybe 3% (or whenever it turns itself off) should be fine. This only affects the measuring device.

3. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

To test the battery just run what's specified which is music playback and video. It's hard to judge battery health with the different apps. I'd give it a few cycles before testing though.

4. Skyhigh223 macrumors regular

I noticed a short battery life in my iPod too, Lithium Ion batteries need a few charge cycles to get up to maximum capacity - I've noticed that my battery life has definitely improved in the last few days (I got it on the 19th)

And, like said above, it may be worth fully charging, then fully draining (until the device shuts itself off), and then charging up again, just to re calibrate the device's battery meter. ;)