Battery life...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 064629009, May 29, 2010.

1. 064629009 macrumors member

Coconut battery tells me that my MBP is 8 weeks old (i'm assuming they're talking about when it was made..? because i've only had it for a few days..but anyways, this isn't the issue) and that i've already done 5 cycles, when i've only drained and charged the battery once. What gives?

Ps. I know you should unplug the notebook every once in a while to get the battery going, but what about when it's off (at night for instance), should I have it plugged in or not?

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

All batteries get tested before they go out for sale. The cycle count varies from battery to battery when new.

If you can leave your computer plugged in, leave it plugged in. Using the battery when you don't need to will gradually (very gradually) wear it down, except when it's recommended once a month you drain the battery.

3. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Don't worry about it. You have a warranty on the mac for a year. Just use it and have fun. Coconut has been having crazy issues lately. Check out MRoogle on coconut and you'll see what I'm talking about. Good luck!

4. Transeau macrumors 6502a

Transeau

The Macbooks with built in batteries will let you know when the battery needs to be replaced. The new batteries and charging/draining circuits are VERY smart in how they handle it. You should have a good 3+ years of life in that battery. 6+ if you treat it right.