Battery Light Blinking?!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by brand.new, Jun 6, 2007.

1. brand.new macrumors newbie

I have my powerbook g4 charging all the time and the one time I unplug it to use somewhere else the battery loses its charge and shuts off the screen til i plug it in again...also the light around the plug that goes into the battery port on the laptop is flashing between green/yellow and orange...any ideas :confused: ?
    thanks.

2. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Um, how old is your PowerBook G4?

You might qualify for the battery recall that Apple had.

3. PJOtka macrumors newbie

blinking power LED for MacBook

I believe i have the same problem but I haven't left my computer unplugged long enough for the battery to die. I recently placed my MacBook on the floor when I was done doing some research after running it on the battery for a half hour. I plugged it back in to find the LED light on the power adaptor jumping between charging (amber) and charged complete (green). There is about a 2 second pause between each jump. the battery indicator in the tool bar also jumps between (calculating) and (charged).I've had the computer for about a year and no problem until this concern. Any quick fix suggestions?

4. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

I'm having the same exact problem with my 2007 Macbook Pro. Did you find a fix? Does anyone know a solution?

Already tried resetting PRAM and SCM.

I tried someone else's battery and it was fine. I've also tried using a different charger, same problem persisted.

Battery is a year old.

5. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

If it's just that specific battery that's having issues, you need a new battery.

Contacting Apple about it is probably a great idea, considering it really shouldn't die in a year.

6. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

I hope that they will help me. My battery is 13 months old so I hope it's not out of warranty (I don't think they'll replace it after more than a year) but we'll see...