Battery losing life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MagnumJoe, Mar 11, 2008.

1. MagnumJoe macrumors regular

I bought my iPhone in Nov 07, and the battery life was great, I don't make a lot of calls during the day so at the end of the day I'd still have 3/4 charge. I put it on the charger every night before bed.

In the last week or so at the end of the day battery life is down to 20 percent and my usage hasn't really changed. Any suggestions?

2. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

There might be something wrong with your battery, i bought my iphone sometime during september-october, and i haven't really used my phone all day. I have Wifi on All the time when i'm at my house, and it's currently down to 2/3 of battery ( i was just browsing the net and the itunes store).

3. MagnumJoe thread starter macrumors regular

I've always have WiFi on, it wasn't an issue before.

4. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I had a similar problem. I could go 2 to 4 days on a single charge depending on use. After the recent update I was noticing battery down to 40% or lower with almost no use in 24hrs. Wifi off, screen brightness at a minimum. Purposely force quitting apps to make sure they weren't running in the background.

Two days ago the phone got disturbingly hot while in my pocket. I had rebooted the phone twice earlier in the day because I was receiving no Edge and zero bars where normally it wasn't a problem.

I took out the sim, put it back in and then restored via iTunes. That appears to have helped my problem. Currently at 2hrs use, 2 days standby and about 55% battery. Try a restore.

5. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Mine seems to be up and down, yesterday from full charge after 3 hrs useage my power was at about 40%, today after the same useage its at about 65%

6. ~Phi macrumors regular

I'd be interested in hearing the amount of edge data consumed during some of these usage times. 1 hour or about 20 - 30mb of edge surfing generally puts a large dent in my battery. I assume most usage times include a decent amount of audio.

7. MagnumJoe thread starter macrumors regular

Well after 4 days of low battery life, I turned off my iPhone for about 15 minutes, charged it again, and it's back to normal. At the end of the day, I now have 80 - 85 percent battery life left instead of 20 percent. Does anyone know why this would happen in the first place?

8. i2ik macrumors newbie

I have been recently (about a week or so) having problem with my battery draining very fast.

The iphone was working fine and one day, it jammed and it would not restart back. I played with it for a few minutes trying to put it back on but it did not work.

After a while, i press and hold HOME and Shut off button and it restarted it. Since then, i have been having problem with my battery draining.

• I tried many times to shut it off but it would not completely shut down, it would restart right away.
    • I tried to drain it all and recharged it, it would drain as fast.
    • I read on a forum that it might be an application still open. I decided to closed them all (if it was the case) and it did nothing.
    • I turned OFF the wifi and it does give me about 8 hours more instead of 4 hours. I had it ON all the time before and battery could last up to 3 days.

What should i do? I have about 12 hours a day, with talking on the phone and all, it would reduce to about 10 hours, thats if i dont go on safari or itunes.

I lived in Canada, we haven't got the iphone here so mine is a hacked version and i cant download the newest version, i am still at 1.1.1. I could still send it to MAC costumer service...

Thanks for helping me out!

9. Monkaaay macrumors 6502

Monkaaay

That's odd. I've yet to have any issues with my phone.

10. LastZion macrumors 6502a

You can quite easily download the upgrade to 1.1.4 through itunes then run ZiPhone and unlock/activate/jailbrake your phone in 3 minutes

11. i2ik macrumors newbie

12. LastZion macrumors 6502a

not necessarily, but a restore is always the best method to fix battery issues. So give that a try first and see what is up.

13. i2ik macrumors newbie

Thanks, you are right! will give it a try, where can i find Ziphone?