Battery low power mode on 6s is very useful

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Christian 5G, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Christian 5G, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015

Christian 5G macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

I have been turning the "low power mode" on all the time lately. This really boosts my battery performance on 6s by a lot!

Blocks apps that I don't use often which is great!! I don't want to disable them all by myself one by one and/or switch it back on.

Anyone else found this useful?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

It can dedfinitely make a difference in battery life. More so when turned on earlier, although helps even if used when not as much battery is left.

3. iNinja08 macrumors regular

iNinja08

This is definitely how I'm going to roll from now on... until I see it causing an issue, so far have yet to see one. Fyi it turns itself off once 100% charged.

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

It makes a huge difference to me

It really can extend your battery life by a good 3-4 hours

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Actually even earlier, once it gets to around 80% charged.

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I do not see the point of low power mode for me. I return home with a minimum of 40% battery and it just would not worth the trouble. I charge every night.

I would rather not pay so much attention to my battery and use the phone without worry.

Maybe some never sleep?

7. bushido Suspended

bushido

mine is at 67% and i havent even made it out of bed yet ooops. always have to charge mine like 3 times a day. i will try your low power mode technique

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You have to charge three times a day?:eek:

You must be living on your phone. Maybe a description of your day on your phone . . . .

9. bushido Suspended

bushido

i dont really use my iPad and Mac anymore. its basically iMessage, Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Jodel (german thing), safari aaand repeat. to be fair i dont charge it at 1% each time. usually i plug it in around 40% cuz i hate leaving the house below 100 ^^

10. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

You have the 6S Plus, therefore this probably is the reason why you are able to make it home in the evening and still have a good percentage of battery life left. However, the OP is referring to the 6S which has a much smaller battery than the 6S Plus. Depending on a persons usage, I can easily see how a heavy user might be running low on battery life long before the end of the day. This new feature will definitely be useful for those 6S power users.

11. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Still having to charge three times a day . . . .

That is a "power" user? OK.

12. Eileen89, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015

Eileen89 macrumors 65816

My Brother has the 6, and using it mostly for work, taking a lot of videos, pictures, as well as watching You Tube videos and gaming on. He usually needs to charge twice a day. The 6S has an even smaller battery than the 6. So depending on how the poster that you quoted is using his iPhone, he "might" be having to charge it more frequently. That is all I'm saying.

13. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

It certainly does help, needed to use it at work after watching TNF.

14. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

depends how much of a heavy user you are.

my girlfriends 6s she gets it to last pretty much all day

15. Videomanmac macrumors 6502

I'm with you. I live on my phone. Sad thing is I do bring my phone down to under 10% and I'm still charging 3-4 times a day

16. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

dont use it, i have a 6s plus with great battery life

17. Christian 5G thread starter macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

Awesome that I'm not the only one. I am a really heavy user on Pandora, I stream it for a lot of hours - work and gym mostly. (Thankfully with T-mobile it does not count against my data.)

18. thatanonymoususer macrumors regular

thatanonymoususer

I've noticed a big difference without much of a performance hit. It may cut your cpu clock, but when your memory is twice as fast for the flash and 50% faster for RAM, you can afford some slower processing.

19. I7guy macrumors G5

The battery size and phone circuitry were sized to give the same life as the iPhone 6; even with a smaller battery. Low power mode helps just that much more.

20. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

My post that you quoted was referencing the 6S Plus with the 6S. I think you might have meant to quote another one.