Battery Management rMBP Late 2013

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ChrisVie, Jul 30, 2014.

1. ChrisVie macrumors newbie

Hi,

i want to know if i have to consider anything special regarding rMBP battery beside advise from apple:
    https://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html

Do i have to calibrate lithium polymer batteries anymore like at old mbp with lithium ion batteries?

Thank you!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The built-in batteries in the newer Mac unibody notebooks come pre-calibrated and do not require regular calibration like the removable batteries in older Apple notebooks.

Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. ChrisVie thread starter macrumors newbie

Excellent - thanks for the link :)
    One follow up question:
    If MBPr reaches a full charge, i can continue working on A/C power or do i have to unplug it? I guess no, because it will not overcharge my battery?

I am asking because i'll be using it often with A/C and don't want to damage the battery - important point is to use it continuously with A/C to keep battery juice flowing - am i right?

Thanks a lot!

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your answer is in the CHARGING section of the Battery FAQ that I posted.