Battery MBP 13" 2009 :X

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by curtido, Jan 3, 2010.

1. curtido macrumors member

Staff need to know how much and which lasts on average your battery
    wifi on, with a 30 safari tabs, adium, itunes, mail, and iCal with a
    MBP 13 "? Here lasts about 3 hours and that almost 4 .. I do not think normal and
    7h given that they advertise and what I read in reviews!
    Note that already the battery health is already at 95% and only have the laptop
    there is a month or so ..
    I think knowing it to Apple?

FONT

THANKS

2. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

That's moderately heavy use I'd say and not bad results... Display brightness?

3. MacsOnAnabolics macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

4. curtido thread starter macrumors member

If this battery time is normal..

5. MacsOnAnabolics macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

It seems ok. I just opened everything you described in your OP and my battery is calculated at ~ 4:25. However, I have the newest revision of the MBP which Apple claims to get up to 7 hours of battery life (which this machine meets their advertisement in my experience).

6. tkboss88 macrumors member

im sorry, but i totally do not know what you are asking LOL

7. curtido thread starter macrumors member

But those that review all open programs (including
    photoshop) with brightness at 70% manage to 6h 20m and I just 3h almost 4 ...

8. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

Battery time is seemingly arbitrary depending on what exactly is goingon with each app.
    i got about 5.5 ~ 7 hours on the 13" MBP using a couple of firefox tabs, a few downloads going and itunes.
    i havent used alot of photoshop on it yet, so havent paid attention to it.

this is all with about 80% ~ 100% brightness, wifi, bluetooth turned off.
    i dont browse many flash based sites so the life increases.

9. DaReaper macrumors member

ok i just took my MBP off the charger and i have tweetdeck and google chrome open low brightness and i have 5:39 left... havent gotten 7 hours out of it yet..

10. PacificShortie macrumors newbie

Complete info on how to calibrate you Mac products!!!

:apple: MACS ROCK...

Here is the article on how to calibrate any and all mac products (well almost all) LOL :)
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490

PS. "The built-in battery in the new 13-, 15-, and 17-inch MacBook Pro is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles."
    http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html

Contact me for any additional info or help... I can't make any promises but I can try! :D

:apple: BIG TIME!!!

........................................................................................................................................................................................................

11. PacificShortie macrumors newbie

Possible cause, if not just a faulty/defective battery... :) or :( LOL!

:apple: MACS ROCK...

I could be wrong but the battery life depends on which programs you have running, your screen & key brightness. I know that if I fully charge my battery and I don't have anything open, my clocked battery life is a'lil over 7 hours. But if I open several high CPU usage programs at the same time, that time decreases.... usually to 4-6 hours or so depending on how many programs I have running.

Like I said I could be wrong, I'm not a MAC Guru or a techie, just an IT, well an UI/UX analyst (User interface/ User experience/ member experience Analyst... Web & Print graphic designers... hence, the reason I open multiple high CPU usage programs simultaneously! lol ;) Good luck to you!

PS. Contact me for any additional info or help... I can't make any promises but I can try! :D

:apple: BIG TIME!!!

........................................................................................................................................................................................................

12. PacificShortie macrumors newbie

Forgot to mention I have a new-ish (6 months old) unibody 17" 3.06Gh processor with 4G ram, with 5200 Memory card... and I run I tunes, Firefox, illustrator, photoshop, freehand, Quark, Adium, ICal, text edit & Pages, etc...