Battery meter is screwy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xanderprime, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Xanderprime macrumors member

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but my battery meter is fluctuating up and down abnormally. I was just chatting with someone on beejive and my meter was at 38%. I hit the home button and then the meter jumped to 54%. Very odd. I've seen it jump up +1 or 2 % before but not this much. Anyone else with this issue?

2. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I'm having similar issues. I had mine plugged in to my macbook this morning and I watched the meter go from 100% to 95% within seconds. I restarted my phone and it went back up to 100%. Then as expected my iPhone was showing 100% when fully charged and plugged in. But, as soon as I unplugged it it immediately showed 99%. I then plugged it back in and it when right back to 100%. This was very odd. So, once again...restarting my iPhone fixed the issue which leads me to believe it's a software issue.

I noticed similar issues with the iPhone OS 3.0 betas. I can't remember which beta release it was but I did notice one of them causing problems for my battery icon. It would take forever for the battery icon to show that it was fully charged even if I only had it off the charger for 5 minutes. This problem seemed to be fixed with the next beta release. I'm assuming this bug made its way back into the final GM release of the OS. I hope Apple fixes this problem soon.

3. gwfattwkr macrumors member

i just posted on another thread, battery level went from 8%to 58% in a matter of 8 minutes no time was it on the charger.

Attached Files: