Battery meter mystery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mochi Hana, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Mochi Hana, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010

Mochi Hana macrumors 6502a

Mochi Hana

I started having a weird problem earlier today, with a messed up battery meter. It keeps reading 0%, when I can boot the computer up and use it fine on battery power. Also, when I do plug in the power adapter, the little lights on the side of the laptop that usually light up to indicate time remaining don't do anything. I have no idea what could possibly be wrong here. :(

EDIT: After rebooting a few times, it appears to be charging and working correctly, but the meter is still acting a little wonky; it's being slower to calculate the time left until it's fully charged. My fingers are crossed that this is just a freaky one-time occurrence. I'm also noticing that iStat Menus and the normal battery meter are giving two completely different recharge times. iStat Menus is saying 2:00 until full, but the normal battery meter says only 0:53. I don't know which one's correct.

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

You'll know in two hours which one is correct. :p

You could try an SMC reset, but every once in a blue moon, those battery boards go out and cause strange issues.