Battery meter not reliable at all...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mike Coscia, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Mike Coscia macrumors member

Jun 25, 2007
    I can sometimes get the full battery glowing battery image after rebooting the phone. Once in awhile It shows the battery is not full but I get the plug icon instead of the lighting. It is never constant. However I think I am pretty much matching apple's specs.

With bluetooth and wi-fi off my best run time so far as been a little over 2 days standby, 4 hours worth of calls, 2 hours of internet browsing over mostly edge, and about a half hour watching movies. I still had yet to get the 20% warning even though the battery icon looked like it was around 10% or and it was in the red when I started to charge it back up.

Anyway has apple mentioned anything about improving the accuracy of the battery meter on the next update? Which I hope is soon.
  2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

Aug 11, 2006
    Washington, D.C.
    My battery itself is pretty poor but the meter has been good to me.

Seems when it gets to red...the battery is quick to die...though I understand being under 20% doesn't mean you have much time....seems to creep up REALLY quickly.
  3. Fluidmusic00 macrumors member

Jun 23, 2007
    Central Florida
    My phone does the same thing. Most of the time I can't get a full charge battery meter unless I reset it....and sometimes that doesn't even work. I will get the plug, but the meter isn't full.

The one thing I found interesting.....I finally let me phone completely die by playing a 2 hour movie and I got,

15 percent at 1:05 into the movie
    10 percent at 1:15 into the movie

then the phone died after I played the rest of the movie and 20 minutes of the movie after it was over...It took 65 minutes for the last 10 percent, wierd?

But I do get pretty good battery life so I think it's just an Apple update to fix the meter.