Battery monitoring programs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Seany92, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Seany92 macrumors newbie

Guys how accurate are these things. I have installed one and according to it my battery health is at 99.% and the battery only charges to 97% 8130mAh. Seems like total crap to me since the macbook is about 4 days old(if that).

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It doesn't matter. Just use your computer and enjoy it. If your battery health is below 80% before the 1 year warranty runs out, take it in for warranty service.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

That is pretty normal for a full charge to hover around the 90s. Try running the battery down to around 60% or so then recharge and you will see closer to 100%.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.

It's also normal that your battery may stop charging between 93-99%. For details, read the CHARGING section of the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions:
    It will also work if you drop it below 90-92%.