Battery Monitoring

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by crc4, Mar 2, 2012.

1. crc4 macrumors member

Which apps do you guys like best to view which apps are draining the battery.
    I want to get an app but there are so many to choose from, which do you like?

2. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Like to know too. Just so I can turn off the main battery killer in case I am getting low

3. ioo7 macrumors member

ioo7

Battery detective, and if you want to see a cool chart gett batterylogger. Hope that helps, battlogger has to be opend up when ur going to charge it. Or u wont get the right data, hope that helps ;)

4. crc4 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you from one MR noob to another.
    I guess the regulars have no interest in helping us noobs :(

5. ioo7 macrumors member

ioo7

I think we all help one another, cant really go rong with batt apps they all do almost the same thing, I might be a noob here but ive been with apple for the last 5 years. Its all opinions on the matter, you wont know until you try.

6. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

Battery monitoring is one thing.

Getting a personalized audible and visiual warning when my battery hit 20%, 10% and 3% was a real challenge.

7. ioo7 macrumors member

ioo7

How did you get to do that. Thx

8. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

A combination of the tweaks poweralerter (which does work on ios 5, regardless of what it says), Lowpowerbanner and then altering the sound files located at system/library/audio/uisounds.

I happen to like Majel Barrett's computer voice over's from Star Trek, so I downloaded some wav files, changed the extension to .caf from .wav and inserted them. Sounds complicated, but it is really pretty simple.

9. ioo7, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012

ioo7 macrumors member

ioo7

I think I got it ;) just change the extension no need to resave as .caf? Hope that helps the noobies, I'm going to do this right now. Thx man

10. ioo7 macrumors member

ioo7

As far as battery life, I found a tweak in cydia under ihacks repo called battery fix for ios 5.0.1, check it out, it helped me!! Long life.

11. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

I looked under ihacks repo and regular search for this but did not find it are you sure that is the correct name of the tweak?

12. ioo7 macrumors member

ioo7

That's what its call, weird my busiest iphene can't find it rather. Ill see what I can find ill post later with what I find

13. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

That tweak was proven more than once to not have any affect on the battery because it simply tweaked a value that did nothing to affect or change performance. It simply changed a number..

14. ioo7 macrumors member

ioo7

O man, what does it do then, what number, where, and why?

15. crc4 thread starter macrumors member

I'm NOT looking to improve my battery time, I'm looking to see which programs are running, and how much batt each app is consuming.

I will often have Tomtom on while streaming pandora and checking the local radar.

When I click the sleep button, are these programs still running, consuming battery, (I never see a button to turn tomtom off).

So again, I'm looking to see which programs are running, and how much batt each app is consuming and any additional help is appreciated :)

16. ioo7 macrumors member

ioo7

Like I told you before if your jailbroken get battery detective. If not just hit the home button twice and close all apps and settings turn off GPS location ;)

17. crc4 thread starter macrumors member

OK, I'll go check it out, then post my results, thanks ioo7, (was just waiting to see if there were lots of suggestions, but the thread got derailed)

18. crc4 thread starter macrumors member

What do you mean, turn on the phone, and open the app, then plug in?

19. ioo7 macrumors member

ioo7

Yup, just open the app when your going to charge it, every time ;)

20. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

21. ioo7 macrumors member

ioo7

Battery logger shows all battery use in a graph and battle detective shows individual app usage both are good but the graph for the win