"Battery Not Charging" Message

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AcesHigh87, Mar 8, 2009.

1. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

Alright, so I just got back from Europe and was suffering from Mac withdrawl but now when I plug in my charger the green light turns on when the battery indicator says 95%. This seemed odd and I figured maybe I needed too calibrate it again but when I clicked on the indicator, expecting to see "Battery is charged" it reads "Battery is not Charging". Any idea why?

2. appleface macrumors regular

Battery "Not Charging" in MacBook

Here are the steps that Apple Technical Support gave to me before issuing a new battery to me. My MacBook was not under AppleCare, but it is less than 1 year old. However, it sounded like Apple would still have issued a battery to me if it was more than a year old.

Check the battery each time before moving to the next step:

1) Update software (click the apple in the upper left, select "software update."

2) Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) by shutting down, disconnecting the power adapter, removing the battery, and holding down the power button for 5 seconds. Then, insert the battery, attach the power cord, and turn on the computer.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1411

3) Reset the PRAM by doing the following:
    Shut down the computer. Turn on the computer. Immediately after turning on the computer, hold down these four buttons: P, R, option, command.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

4) After these did not work, Tech Support had me send my computer info to Apple to verify my battery cycle number. (System Profiler>>File Menu>>Send to Apple). My battery had about 100 cycles on it.

3. AcesHigh87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

It actually wound up just being a one tie thing so no worry. I ran it off battery power for like 5 minutes then plugged it in again and it charged