Battery Not Charging - New Unibody

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MatthewStorm, May 21, 2009.

1. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

I have a late 2008 Unibody MacBook Pro 15" 2.8Ghz. My battery charge is at 95% and will no longer charge. The charger glows orange but the battery will not charge past 95%. WTF? Any ideas?

2. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

3. MatthewStorm thread starter macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

If you mean charging it all the way up and then letting run down to sleep then yes I did that.

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Ask coconutbattery what your current charge level is. The OS may be reporting incorrectly.

5. MatthewStorm thread starter macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

I unplugged it for a bit. Restarted. Now it is at 88% according to CB and Finder. It seems to be charging really sloooow. No reason this should happen.

6. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

The battery charges to 100%, but it may discharge gradually 95% or will stop anywhere after 95% if interrupted (by removing the power adapter). Also, lithium ion battery charge quickly to 80% and then trickle charge to 100%, this is why it's charging slowly... nothing you can do about that, it's how the batteries are.

7. MatthewStorm thread starter macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

Thanks, yes, I know. It's going slowly because I watched it. But I have never seen it dead stop at 95% before. It's now at 99% after Repairing Permissions and restarting and unplugging it and letting it run off battery for a bit. Thanks for the input.

8. scottuf macrumors 6502

just last week my uni stopped charging, it took a reset of the smc to fix the problem.