Battery Not Charging

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by filthandfury, May 11, 2011.

1. filthandfury macrumors member

Howdy,
    I recently inherited a white MacBook 13" 1.83ghz Duo Core. A cat had recently knocked water on it. I popped in a the HD from my old MacBook Pro, and tossed in more ram. I put in a fresh battery and it booted up fine. The MagSafe charger shows a green light, but the battery status says "battery not charging". I tried 2 different batteries and chargers, no change. I reset SMC and PRAM. No change. I have it plugged in now, if I attempt to boot it I get a "Boooong" and 5-10 seconds of booting before it turns off.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    -Sam

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

PRAM/NVRAM has nothing to do with power/battery/charging issues, so that won't help. If the charger and battery isn't the problem, the only culprit left is the logic board. After exposure to water, all bets are off. If resetting SMC didn't help, and charger and battery aren't the problem, chances are, you're toast. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. filthandfury thread starter macrumors member

Thanks.
    I think im gonna order an additional battery and an external battery charger. Not a fix, but a solid work around.
    -Sam