I have the white MacBook (early 2008). Two days ago, I noticed the battery's status: "Not Charging". I didn't imagine how critical is the situation until my cat hit the power cable, and the computer got Power-off on the spot. I don't know what happened all of a sudden? The battery's performance was acceptable to me (more than one hour at full charge). From a previous experience with PCs, such sudden damage may occur with Static Electricity (do cats have something to do with this? . Is it the charger that could damage the battery? (It seems to be working well, and the computer works normally as long as it is plugged in). Is there anything that I can do? I am just afraid that I change the costly battery then get it damaged again. Thanks in anticipation for your help.