battery not charging

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JosephEsquivel, May 29, 2008.

1. JosephEsquivel macrumors regular

ok i have a SR macbook from last fall and i did the update yesterday, I had a kernal panic this morning and i just noticed it isnt charging, it is staying at 95%, any help? Im pretty sure it hasnt been charging since i updated it

2. JosephEsquivel thread starter macrumors regular

3. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Hmm, If it were me, I'd call applecare immediately and inform them of the issue. See if they have any suggestions.

You may just need to reset your PMU or something like that too. They can walk you through that.

If you can, try another person's battery or a/c adapter just to test.

4. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

Not sure about the kernel panic but they probably made and update to do that smart charging that will stop charging the battery to a full charge. They say that is bad for the battery to fully charge it up.

5. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Try running off of the battery for a while, say to 80% then try charging again. If it hangs at 80% and will not charge then it may be a bad DC-In board just bring it to Apple for repair.

6. JosephEsquivel thread starter macrumors regular

ok thanx, i let it drain some, and it charged full

7. rph105 macrumors 6502

rph105

Had this problem last week, took it to the apple genius bar, fitted me with a new battery.

they also told me to let the battery run down to below 5% and then do a full charge, never leave the charger in there past 99%