Battery not lasting after sync, help?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ag-Ryan, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Ag-Ryan macrumors newbie

I recently got my 3g iphone replaced for a brand new one, and at first when i sync'd my new phone i didnt get all the music on it, however, it still had all my apps and contacts and such. The battery laster a good 5 and a half hours of normal use (texting, mail, safari, few calls) before giving me the 10% warning in which i charged it. I charged it fully, sync'd my songs, and after that, ive only been getting about 3 hours off of my battery. Now i know its not the battery but what could be the problem? my settings have remained identical : 3g on, push off, location on, wifi off, brightness ~20%.

I dont understand that how after syncing my songs (not even my apps) that the battery could now be draining faster.

Any Ideas?

2. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

This is your problem. Location services is a big power drain. There should be no need to leave it on all the time. Turn it on if and when you need it.

I have:

3G - On
    WiFi - On
    Bluetooth - Off (unless going handsfree)
    Location Services - Off
    Screen Brightness - ~20%

I am easily getting 6 - 7 hours of usage a day between browsing, phone, games etc. At the end of the day I very rarely have hit 20% but do on occasion when my usage is higher.

Hope that helps.

3. Ag-Ryan thread starter macrumors newbie

i had location services on before i did the sync though, and i got pretty good battery life.

its just that now after the sync, my battery is completely dead 3 hours later, 20% warning normally coming in at about the 2 1/2 usage mark. and again, only songs were sync'd

4. Ag-Ryan thread starter macrumors newbie